Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ok, this time I mean it...

I am no longer going to slack off on this blog. Seriously. So here we go...

Made a trip to Home Depot today to buy plantation blinds for 21 windows and doors in our new house. Lee has now installed one and is moving on to number two - this is going to be a long night, friends. But we're so glad to have a weekend to actually start tackling the projects we've known we wanted to do... since we moved in December 3rd, things have been NUTS. We were gone most of December, and then starting in January, we've either traveled or had houseguests almost every weekend. This weekend, we domesticate.

I have also found out about two people - one a good friend, and one a friend of a friend - who are going through some pregnancy scares. It always amazes me how strong people are during these scary times...but then I think back to when we were going through it, and people probably thought the same of us. It's not necessarily strength - or it wasn't for us - but more just that "peace that surpasses understanding." Scary times and whenever I'm introduced to a new story, my heart breaks and I remember all over again. But I'm glad I can give some empathy, hopefully some comfort - especially in looking at how amazing Annalee is doing now. Feisty, smart, precocious three year old... that doesn't have to go back to the cardiologist until NEXT spring. Ahhh... we are more than blessed.

Ok, I will leave you now - we ask for your prayers for our friends (old and new) and for us as we install millions of blinds this evening. ;) I'll be back soon!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well hello stranger... ;) Missed you! xoxoxo.

P.S. we would like to be house guests!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

HEY Molly! It's Jodi! I saw your update on FB saying you were back in SC, and I had forgotten that you moved there. We were there on Saturday for a college tryout for Christen, so I clicked to see what area you're in and saw that you blog and had to come check it out! :o)

Hope you keep up w/ Blogging! I started as a way to document Christen's last couple of years at home. Time is surely flying by.