Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brrrrr...

It's a chilly morning here in South Georgia...and that is rare. It must be why I really like cold weather so much - for the simple fact that we don't get much!! It is supposed to be 19 degrees tonight - and that, my friends, is frigid. And I love it.

We had a good weekend - Friday night we left Annalee with my parents and hung out with friends at their house...I vowed that we would be home by 11, but we somehow pushed that until 1am. It was well worth it, though. They have two little ones, and I think the older we get, and the more responsibility we all have, the more we enjoy just having some wine and talking with other adults. It was great fun. And it was cold that night, too...heaven.

Saturday night was the LOLA event - Love of the Love Affair. Now the Love Affair is an arts festival that's held the first weekend of May in Tifton - has been going on as long as I remember. After moving back to Tifton, I was recruited to be on the Arts Council which is in charge of the dear old festival. Let me tell you, all of those years I attended it...I never, ever realized what kind of work goes into putting it on. It's incredible. So Saturday night we had a dinner and silent auction to help raise money - as everyone knows, the economy right now is not condusive to fundraising, but we did ok. And the event was lots of fun for everyone involved. It's just amazing to me that I never realized what a big production the Love Affair was...I will never take any sort of hometown event for granted ever again!

Beth is coming to visit this weekend - I am beyond excited. I haven't seen her in months which is rare for us...I am in desperate need of some good Beth Time - it's just what the doctor ordered.

Alright, back to work...and to secretly enjoying being chilly...

No comments: