Thursday, May 15, 2008

51 More Things to Note... (7.21.05)

It was brought to my attention that most people in Blogland note 100 or 101 things about themselves....since I only listed 50 the other day, I will attempt to get to 100. If I have it in me, I will try for 101. If this is boring any of you, you have my permission (and the power) to close this window.

51. I have been to Las Vegas - I gambled for about three days (we were there on a 7 day trip) but then lost at the Roulette table, and I didn't gamble for the remainder of the trip. I did however, bash my head into a marble chair rail at the MGM Grand on New Year's Eve and I think I had a mild concussion.

52. My fiance and I have our own language - we probably are up to about 25-30 words that no one uses but us.

53. I was cut from Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority during rush at UGA in 1994 - and it really pissed me off.

54. I don't like spicy food.

55. My first pets were poodles - Louie & Mimi - that were my Mom's babies before I was born.

56. My left ear is double pierced - I did that in rebellion on a Choir Tour when I was 14. My best friends did it with me...

57. I hate sweeping - I would rather clean toilets than sweep.

58. I love the show "Felicity" - it is probably my favorite show that has ever aired.

59. I didn't understand that the cereal tagline "Nut'n Honey" was supposed to have the double meaning of "Nothing, Honey" in the commercial until about 3 years after it had been on the air

60. My fiance's favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip - it is pretty much the only flavor of ice cream that I don't like

61. I am a Libra

62. I love football

63. I hate mayonnaise

64. My friend Beth and I used to have beauty pageants with her Madame Alexander dolls and tape record them. We even had musical interludes...sang "America the Beautiful" once

65. I used to prank call people and ask for Ghandi - I thought that was hilarious

66. I was hit by a car when I was riding my bike - I think I was about 9 years old

67. I have never broken a bone or even had a sprain

68. I have had an MRI, a Cat Scan, an endoscopy, and several other procedures that you don't want to know about

69. I went to Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta during the 1996 Olympics...but I didn't go to any events

70. I also went to the World's Fair in 1980 and still remember riding the "ski lift" thing in Knoxville, TN

71. My uncle and my dad played college football - uncle at Georgia Tech and dad at University of South Carolina

72. My fiance's feet look like a warlock's (or what I would imagine that a warlock's feet look like)

73. I wear a size 7 ring (that's kind of big)

74. I have had about 11 speeding tickets - I have never gotten out of a single one

75. I prefer driving a 5-speed car to an automatic car

76. I am really, really silly at heart

77. I was voted "Best Legs" my senior year of high school

78. My first kiss was Josh Mason in the 6th grade at a party at April C's house

79. I have a Sheltie named Charlie - I think he is the greatest dog in the world

80. The only play I was ever in was a Christmas play at church - I was one of the Star of Bethlehem's sidekicks - I wore a big cardboard star around my head and had several lines. It was scary. I think I was about 6

81. That's a lie - I just remembered that I was in a play in preschool and played "Harriet Honeybee" (I can't believe I remember that...I was only 4 years old)

82. We used to reenact Dukes of Hazzard on the playground of my preschool, and everyone wanted to be Daisy Duke. I was usually one of the Hazzard boys or Roscoe P. Coltraine

83. I like food from places like Morrison's and Picadilly Cafeterias

84. I love to sleep - I can easily sleep 12 hours a night, but I try not to do that

85. I can't wear socks to bed because I am really hot natured

86. I went to three funerals in high school for classmates that died in car accidents

87. I love to buy clothes - it really gives me an incredible high

88. I want to lose about 12 lbs

89. I strive to be more like my mother - she is much more reserved than I am and an amazingly strong person

90. I also strive to be like my father - he's a role model and well-respected and funny and a very hard worker

91. I think that being weird is a very attractive quality

92. The first time I ever got tipsy was on Choir Tour when I was 14 years old...we were in New Orleans (our choir director later got in trouble)

93. I love amusement parks - way more than your average person. I have a hard time sleeping the night before I go to one.

94. Christmas Eve is the best day of the year. Period.

95. I dressed my brother up like a girl once - put him in a tutu, a wig, the whole nine yards. No wonder he hates me.

96. One of the happiest days of my life was when I made the cheerleading squad in high school - we had 5 different uniforms, and I tried every one of them on that night and did cheers in front of the mirror

97. One of the scariest days of my life was when I was dropped off at college - I begged my parents and my boyfriend not to leave me

98. I love french dip sandwiches

99. I don't know how to water ski - I have tried, but I can't stay up for longer than about 100 yards

100. I wrecked a Honda scooter when I was 15 and chipped four teeth

101. This is for Meredith: I am still a movie fanatic and can quote lines from probably over 100 movies

Whew.

No comments: