Thursday, May 29, 2008

There's no place like home (8.22.05)

Although being back after a week can smart, too. I was in Atlanta from Sunday until Friday, working in our office up there, and as busy as I was, I am so behind on our Savannah office work. Today has been crazy. I have not stopped since I got here, and I have a feeling that the rest of the week will follow suit. So if my entries aren't as regular as usual, you'll know why.
Along with that, the wedding plans are making me nuts. We are up to over 400 folks on our guest list (we had originally planned for no more than 200) which means that the expense of it all on top of the everything else has got my head spinning. And Lee's... I am trying to enjoy the process, and I actually have until now, but I have been waking up in the middle of the night with my shoulders in knots thinking about the organist and programs. I need a glass (magnum) of wine.
But, like I said a few posts ago, I need to focus on the fact that all of these so-called stresses are actually indicative of good things going on in my life. I am busy at work - that means I am needed and valuable. I am getting married to a great guy - that means I am loved and should look forward to not only a great party but a really fantastic marriage. I just need to take a few deep breaths and remember what is important. I just cannot wait until I'm sitting on the beach in Aruba having someone bring me frozen drinks and lying in the sun with Lee...ahhhh...
Until then, we plan, we plan, we plan.
And we take our anti-depressants.

No comments: