Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dreams (7.28.05)

Last night I slept so hard and so deep...it was physically difficult for me to get up this morning. And I think part of that was the clarity and vividness of my dreams. They were amazingly real...very bizarre to wake up from that.

I was moving back to Athens to start another year of college. Although nothing LOOKED like Athens, I knew that's where I was, and I had a truck full of things to unpack into my room. I was living at the sorority house (which I did for 2 years) and living with Beth (which I did for 3 years). She had picked out our room and told me it was Room 13 but not to get freaked out because it was a GREAT space. So I began unloading all of my stuff...which included suitcases, cardboard boxes, a grill (??), and my dog. For some reason, in order to unpack, I had to cross a 4 lane, divided street. Cars were flying. At one point, I was on the median trying to cross the remainder of the road, when a guy in a black car that resembled a lawn mower came tearing towards me. He ran up into a yard, barely missed a tree, turned back towards me and was headed right for me. Somehow I jumped out of his way, but I clearly remember thinking, "Wow, he is wasted and it's the middle of the day!"

I had on a bright pink golf shirt, white shorts, flip flops, hair in a ponytail. After I finished unpacking, someone suggested we all go downtown. I said that would be fine, I just needed to apply some mascara. While I was putting on the said mascara, I noticed that my eyelashes were about 1.5 feet long. But I wasn't upset or shocked, just mildly amused.

We went downtown to the club and listened to a band, had beers, and had a great time. It was so real...but also surreal. Dreams are always that way.

This morning, Matt Lauer's voice brought me back to reality. Stories of Iraq, Natalie Holloway, a missing newlywed who apparently fell from a cruise ship... I think I would have rather stayed in my dream.

No comments: