Thursday, May 15, 2008

Holy Mother of Mondays (7.25.05)

Wow, today has been hectic. I don't think I've been in the sanctity of my office for more than 45 minutes total all day. Had a meeting at a client's office at 10...lunch with Lee out at his work...client meeting upstairs at 2...and now my parents are in town, and I'm meeting them in about 45 minutes. How, you may ask, do I have time to blog today? I don't...but I also don't have time to finish anything that I might start at work, so :P

Today is my dad's 60th birthday. At his request, we are going to visit Pinkie Master's. It's a little dive bar downtown that we adore - and he is the only immediate family member that hasn't been. I am very much in love with this tiny watering hole - the bartenders are wonderful, the juke box is fantastic (and actually hosts one of my own mix cd's), the beer is cold, and the clientele are ALWAYS interesting.

Good time for a Pinkie's story from long ago...

It was April of 2003, and I was having a beer at the bar with some of my buddies. It was a Tuesday and pretty dead, so Pinkie's was quiet and calm. All of a sudden a guy approached me - came up on my left side - and asked my name. I told him, and he asked if he could buy my friend and I a drink. My friend was a guy, and he said "yes" before I could (ahaha)...so we smiled, took the drinks and said goodbye. He introduced himself as Josh, but I didn't think anything about it.

After he sat back down at his booth (with friends), another guy sitting up at the bar asked if Charly (friend) and I knew who that guy was. We said, "no" but that we sure were glad he was there...everyone likes free beer. Well, the informed bar-goer proceeded to tell us that this guy was Josh Lucas...the "hometown boy" from "Sweet Home Alabama," the friend in "A Beautiful Mind," one of the sleaze bag preppies in "American Psycho"... we were stunned. But sure enough, after another evaluation, he was indeed Josh Lucas. I was so excited...I literally started thinking about things like "What if he falls in love with me...? What if he asks me to the Oscars and we go to an after party with Nicholas Cage and Jack Nicholson? ... What if we get married, have our wedding catered by Spago, build a house in Malibu...?" I know, a bit over the top, but he IS a star!!

Anyway, about 30 minutes later, he comes back up to us at the bar. I was so excited...thinking "This is it!! This is my moment!!!" He mumbled something...and then bit me. Yep, you read correctly - he BIT my left ear. And I'm not talking nibble to be sexy...BIT my ear. Hard. It brought tears to my eyes. So I'm holding my ear, all of my Hollywood dreams shattered (as well as possibly the cartilage in my ear) and I'm looking at Charly like, "What in the world just happened???" He asked, "Did he bite you?" And I nodded. He then asked, "Did it hurt?" And, with tears in my eyes, I nodded again.

Charly walked over to Josh Lucas, in his booth, and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Did you just bite her?" Charly asked.

"Yeah...ahahaha" says Josh.

"You hurt her!" Charly told him.

"ahahahahaah..." laughs Josh.

"CHOMP!!!!" Charly bit him back.

HILARIOUS...and perfect. Well, Josh was in Savannah filming "Undertow" and was here for about 6 weeks...he continued coming to Pinkie's after that incident, but never without speaking to Charly and me first and buying us a drink. That, my friends, is my brush with fame.

No comments: