Thursday, May 15, 2008

On the Edge of the Weekend! (7.29.05)

And thank goodness for that! It is 230 on Friday afternoon...it doesn't get any better than this. Your whole weekend is just waiting for you to come and join the fun...and you have no obligations or responsibilities for two whole days. This is the last weekend of that variety, though, until the wedding. So I plan to enjoy the ever living stuffing out of it.

I looked at my calendar today and realized that between now and October 15th, I have someone else's wedding to attend, another's engagement party to attend, 5 luncheon/showers, 3 nighttime parties and 1 big ol' bachelorette weekend. I am going to be completely exhausted by the time I walk (crawl) down the aisle!! But it should also be a lot of fun. And the 30 lbs I was planning to drop before the wedding...well, I don't think that's going to happen. Seeing as the wedding is now only about 2.5 months away. I also was supposed to be really organized at work by this point, which has also not happened. Where does the time go??

I have yet to decide on the ceremony music...that's weighing on me. My invitations are in limbo because the designer (a friend) used some format that the printer can't "read." We haven't gone and picked out the tuxes. I don't have ANY clue what we're going to do about wedding favors. I hope the band doesn't suck. We still have to send money in to rent the square...and get cops so the bums won't go ape shit and mess with the guests. Lots, lots, lots to do... it's stressful.

So, to decompress this weekend is actually going to be a challenge. Tonya and I are trying to convince our significant dorks to go to La Boheme - which is an underground wine bar. I think that sounds heavenly... And then to the beach tomorrow to get sun and read and do nothing. Sounds perfect. If I can just keep all the wedding stuff pushed down out of my consciousness until Monday. Wish me luck.

For now, I am sittting in my office, shoes off, blogging away. My job allows me little freedoms like this one, and I am so glad. I would go crazy if I had to be "on" all day long.

Ok, off to search the internet and write emails until 530... have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: