Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Sweetest Day (7.27.05)

I got an email from Lee earlier today that said, "Did you know that we're getting married on the sweetest day?" I was so confused...so I called him. He said that, yes, October 15th is actually The Sweetest Day. It's on Hallmark's calendar. Of course he didn't come up with this on his own...someone at work told him. But I thought that was really cute...and suspect, so of course I looked it up myself.



A whole article dedicated to The Sweetest Day (which is the 3rd Saturday in October)

http://pressroom.hallmark.com/sweetest_day.html



Ok, I'm bored with that now...althought I am glad we're getting married on a "sweet" day instead of, oh say... meanest day. You know?



Other than that... the heat index today in Savannah ranges between 110-120 degrees. It is incredibly, horribly, sickeningly hot outside. And hazy. I went out at lunch to get my Grandma a birthday card, and I literally thought I might just pass out on the sidewalk. It's not safe out there. Which is why I am not allowing myself to feel guilty about not running this week. I mean, I could die out there! (hahahaha)



So tonight (instead of exercising) I think that we are going to cook a nice dinner at home, crank the AC, watch some television and relax. Doesn't burn as many calories, but it also doesn't give you a heat stroke.



Stay cool.

No comments: