Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back to My Post (7.19.05)

I have been momentarily displaced out of my office - my computer has some strange corrupt "thing" going on, and our IT person had to copy ALL of my files onto a 3rd party hard drive, clean out the computer, and then copy it all back. I have, as a result, lost a day and a half of work AND of blogging. Woe is me.

The weekend was great - my fitting went well, and there are only a couple of minor things they have to do to the dress before the wedding. Yikes. Even my shoes were ready this time. It is such a good feeling to put on your wedding dress and have other patrons in the store tell you how much they like it...validation that you chose well, I suppose. I am happy with the dress - it's gorgeous. And I really wish that I could wear it more than once, but that would be severely inappropriate and a little mentally unstable.

Saturday evening the whole family went to a wedding. It was an Episcopal wedding, so it lasted a really long time (for us Methodist folks, anyway). So beautiful, though...and really sweet. The couple seem perfect together, and I've known them both for ages. Especially the groom - I've known him since he was born. The reception was SO much fun!! And I wasn't expecting that... I think that may have been what made it even better. The band was great, the beer and wine were abundant, and there were tons of people there that I knew. We even ended up at the country club bar after the bride and groom left - no one was ready to go home. I love those nights - you feel like you are smiling for hours upon hours.

Sunday, while Lee was still camping, my mother and I went shopping. During the course of the weekend, I scored three new pairs of shoes and two dresses. My mother also found my bridesmaids' jewelry yesterday, so we are one step closer to having everything done. What a great feeling. I ended up staying in Tifton Sunday night and driving back yesterday morning. That was a fine idea except that by yesterday afternoon, I was an exhausted wreck. At one point, I cried because the clean dishes had not been unloaded out of the dishwasher. It was time to lie down.

Lee was a sweetheart and let me be pitiful - he made dinner and even brought me dessert. :) I needed that...I think the stress of the wedding on top of working and just being tired all got to me. Bottom line: I need a vacation.

This weekend - NO PLANS!! I can't believe it...and am so excited. I hope I get at least one good beach day out of it, too. My mother gave me a JFK, Jr. biography this weekend that I am flying through - he was my ideal growing up. I loved everything about that man. This book is fascinating.

Off to check on the status of my computer - happy green beans and Gadget!

No comments: