Monday, May 19, 2008

You're not dealing with a human....you're dealing with a bride (8.8.05)

My friend and coworker, Adam, who is helping me with my invitations just said this to me. About me. And I swear, I am not normally a high-maintenance person...I don't know what's happened to me. I really have become that horrible creature known as Bridezilla.



Adam and Geoff (another coworker) have been working together on my invitations for awhile now...well, everything I've seen has been online. Files, pdf's etc. So today everything comes back from the printer - I was so excited!! However, there is an extra "s" on my reply cards (they say "Declines with regrets" instead of "Declines with regret")...and my inner envelopes aren't lined. When I brought these things up to Adam, he looked at me like I was crazy. Which, I think I actually may be.



That's when he said, "You know, I should have told Geoff...you're not dealing with a human...you're dealing with a bride."



Made me laugh...but it's true, and I can't deny it. It's that one time in your life where everything HAS to be perfect...and as easy-going as I am, I cannot seem to stop at "ok" these days...everything has to be absolutely flawless. The problem with everything being perfect, is that "everything" encompasses about 1 million little details. I swear, you could lose your mind planning a wedding.



So...here I sit with 3 boxes of "flawed" invitations...and work that I haven't even THOUGHT about doing. So before I get fired...let me say bye for now.



The Bride

No comments: