Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fiesta! (6.6.05)

Work is such a let down after a weekend like I had... I could not have ASKED for the "parents meeting parents" to go better - it was perfect. We got to Tifton Friday afternoon, everyone freshened up, and then Lee and I picked up his parents from their hotel. I think the nerves ended the minute we all got to my parents' house. We had champagne (with strawberries in the actual flutes...my mom is incredible) and we all chatted for awhile, then we headed to dinner.

Dinner lasted a long time - which I took as a good sign - everyone had a little story to tell, and we all laughed a lot. Very enjoyable evening. Saturday morning, my aunts and Grandma came in droves to our house to set up for the party...and I had my first fitting for my wedding dress. I had asked Lee's mother if she would like to come (and Beth - matron of honor - was meeting me there), so I was off!

If you've never been to one of these"fittings", let me tell you...it is exhausting! I probably would not have believed that either, but I'm not being a brat. You have to stand up (in HEELS) for over an hour while people stick pins in the dress, make you walk, tell you to turn this way and that...and generally treat you like a mannequin. But after it was all over, I was thrilled to have gone and to have had both my future mother-in-law and one of my best friends there with me.

The actual party - wow! We had an incredible time! It rained on and off during the day, and we were really holding our breath about the weather...but it turned out to be a very nice night (dry and almost no mosquitos - unheard of for June in Tifton). The beer was flowing like wine...and I didn't even take my pants off! ahahaha... It was great -to those of you who were there...you have no idea how much it meant to us that everyone came. The last guests left at 3am - we had the absolute best time. I am still smiling.

Well, I WAS still smiling until I just thought about my ex wedding planner - apparently, she was fired from her position at the reception hall. But she decided not to let anyone know. (????) We are going to have to redo all of our Save the Date cards (which I just finished last week), and we have to find a new wedding coordinator. But I do think we still have the venue, so I am counting my blessings at this point.

I will continue to keep the blog posted about this"hiccup" in our planning. I am starting to understand the Bridezilla concept...I have never been this willing to pick up the phone and cuss someone out. Something takes over your body. I think it has to do with the fitting - they sqeeze all the air out of you. It's maddening.

No comments: