Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slacks on the Boulevard (6.20.05)

I was having a hard time coming up with a title, so I stole a line from Will Farrell when he was on SNL. This skit was part of his "Best of..." collection when he played the Devil that Garth Brooks sells his soul to in exchange for a hit song. The Devil, though, actually really sucks at songwriting. Hilarious. Mondays...I hate Mondays...they make me-e so steamed...Weekends! I prefer the Weekends! ahahahahaha... (another of his attempts at writing music)

I had a great weekend. Drove home Friday after work, got there in time for a few beers with my family on our back deck before the sun went down, ribs on the grill, corn on the cob...perfect. We ate dinner, then my brother and I went to the movies. We saw "The Longest Yard" - it was surprisingly good. Lately, my test for movies is if I can stay awake...either at home OR in the theatre. I have inherited my father's tendency to fall asleep if sitting down anytime after 8pm. It sucks. My brother is a great judge of movies, though, so I figured it would be good. It was nice seeing him and spending time with him - he is one of the funniest people I know. I absolutely think he's hilarious. We argue some (don't all siblings?), but I would rather hang out with him than pretty much anyone in the world.

Saturday, he and I went to Lowe's to buy Daddy's Father's Day gift. He wanted a paint sprayer. Good Lord...how boring. But we bought one and then went to lunch at one of the oldest little dives in Tifton - Chicago's Pizza. They have wonderful pizzarolis (which are calzones), but they have jacked up their prices since I was small. I guess that's what it takes to survive in T-town these days. Lee drove down Saturday afternoon - after pulling an almost-all-nighter with those friends I mentioned in my last post. I got pissy and then decided I was being a baby...so I did my best to keep my mouth shut.

The wedding Saturday night was really beautiful...and PACKED! The bride was gorgeous, her sister (one of my best friends) looked amazing...the mother was drop dead... All as I had imagined actually. The reception was lots of fun - saw people I haven't seen in years. Some I was thrilled to see!! Some I avoided. I guess that's the way it goes. I'm sure someone in that room was probably avoiding me too. Regardless, had a great time.

Lee and I stayed in Tifton last night - which meant an early morning this morning and a long day today. But we have gotten past noon, so I will consider that in itself a feat.


Still working on wedding details - it is insane how much there is to do. I love it, though, and I get to indulge my inner control freak. muahahaha...

In the words of Will Farrell "...all my homies and my bitches say 'ho-hoe"

No comments: