Monday, March 24, 2008

Oink! (6.28.05)

I have been so good lately - running, walking, eating well... all in an effort to drop a few pounds before the wedding day. But here's where I fall short - a friend at work just walked by my office and tossed me a bag of peanut M&M's. I groaned...and then opened them immediately and scarfed every single one down. :( Now I feel gross. I have absolutely NO self control - it's a sad state of affairs. The taste of chocolate is still in my mouth and I swear I can feel myself getting fatter.

Why is it that I couldn't take those M&M's upstairs to the kitchen and let everyone else scramble for them? Because I wanted them. Badly. Like a starving rat...what was the rat's name in Charlotte's web? TEMPLETON!! (thank God for Google) I am Templeton. Now I sit here, like T, with a full belly, spouting off pseudo-interesting prose to whomever would like to read...

Dammit. I'm really mad at myself. Grrrr...

Ok, enough of that. Ah! Good news! My brother called last night, and his offer on the house was accepted! Yah! I am so excited for him...and he sounded really excited too (in his classic Eeyore "Thanks for noticing" kind of way). What a big step...and such a grown-up move. Maybe he will adopt me. I am the proud big sister (and the envious one...wish I had my sh-- together that well at 24).

Also, I have been working super diligently on billing since I got here...as much as I dislike it, it makes me feel productive to see those green folders go from the "to do" stack to the "done" pile. Whew... The folders are all due to accounting by end of day on Thursday, so I'm on a mission. It's kind of fun (because I am a huge dork).

Other than that, not much is going on in my world. The friend that helped me set up this blog had a health scare with his dad - and that really threw me for a loop. I just saw his dad last weekend...and he looked young and healthy and happy. It turned out only to be an inner-ear infection, but it is so scary to realize the mortality of your parents. I hate it. Am pushing that out of my mind for now. And keeping all of them in my prayers.

Fiance and I cleaned our house from top to bottom on Sunday...what a great feeling to have a clean house. It is amazing what it can do for your psyche.

Ok, enough - I am rambling like a madman! Happy Green Beans, Gadget Tuesday!

No comments: