Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sleepy-Do (6.16.05)

I know that I dedicated an entire entry to commercials a while back - well, another commercial that cracks me up is the AARP one with Ping. He can't do enough to help out society, so he clones himself. It's weird and hysterical. The best part is when he surprises his wife with breakfast in bed...she is pleased but then looks over to see a clone of Ping still asleep in the bed. She totally freaks out while Ping (or a clone of Ping) is saying, "Morning, sleepy do... Sleepy do?" Kills me every time.

My actual reason for the title is simply that I am tired. Sleepy sleepy sleepy. I have no good reason for it either - I went to Bunco last night (that was my first time...I was pleasantly surprised by the non-Stepford Wife vibe that I got), and I was home by midnight. Ate a little dinner, went to bed. But I tossed and turned all night - woke up at 3 and watch Greta Von Susteran interview poor Natalee Holloway's mother for about an hour (that case is haunting me...I just don't understand where the girl could be??).

So this morning when I woke up, I felt like I had an entire sand box in my eyes and that I needed at least 2 or 3 more hours of sleep. What a miserable feeling. And I've been fighting it all day! Even with coffee and Diet Coke. Oh well...enough bitching.

One of our friends who is Greek Orthodox is making dinner for a group tonight. It should be great - she's an amazing cook. So we will drink wine and eat well and be happy knowing that tomorrow is Friday. I am actually headed home again this weekend for the nuptials of a good friend's sister. This wedding is going to be an event - I cannot wait to see it. The bride is gorgeous, her sister is statuesque, her mother is ageless...and they all have great taste. I can't wait. I will take notes (but never hope to duplicate I'm afraid...these people are out of my league). ahah... Lee will join me in T-town on Saturday - one of his friends from Mississippi is coming into town tomorrow, so I gave him the night off. I am such an understanding and "cool" fiance. HA!

We had our first meeting with our preacher on Tuesday. I was scared to death going in...I mean, the man is so super nice, and I joined the church in February, so I've had to talk to him one-on-one before...but the whole thought of being "counseled" on marriage just gave me a panic attack. As usual, Lee was perfectly fine and unnerved...and he ended up having the right approach. The preacher was so perfect - caring and sweet and understanding and encouraging. I had a great time actually. We have two more meetings with him, and now I'm actually looking forward to them. A really touching coincidence: his first preacher as a young boy was MY first preacher growing up...the one that lead my confirmation classes and that I will always remember as my introduction into the church. That really felt like a sign to me. Brother Ben, thanks for looking down on us... :)

Well, off I go to do some work...I did so much billing yesterday that I thought, at one point, my brain was starting to spill out of my ears. False alarm.

Happy Thursday...another week, another blink of an eye.

No comments: