Thursday, March 20, 2008

Reception: Take Two (6.7.05)

I was telling Lee's mother last night that planning this wedding could be my full-time job. It is that time-consuming and that stressful. But, honestly, I have enjoyed every minute of it - until this latest debacle.

I have now talked to the owner of the reception hall twice, my caterer 4 times, a new hotel concierge 3 times, my mother 237 times, and have left about 5 messages for the Ex wedding coordinator. This is exhausting! I still am not positive that we have the reception hall (although we have paid a $1,500 deposit). We also are trying to book rooms with our new concierge, and I'm finding out that all the rooms that I thought our old wedding coordinator had put on hold...are not on hold. So basically we are starting from scratch. And, of course, October is peak tourist season here in Savannah, so getting blocks of rooms is close to impossible.

Breathe...

If we don't have the reception hall, we will need to try to book something else right away. Since we already have a caterer, florist, bartender and booze, and band, it will have to be someplace that you needn't use their food nor bar. So much to think about right now... I just pray that it all works out.

I know that there are much bigger and more serious problems out there, and I am trying not to be completely self-centered about all of this...but it has thrown me for a bit of a loop. And you, my blog, are having to take the brunt of it. Sorry about that.

On a happy note, we have no plans this weekend. That is amazing. And I'm looking so forward to some down time. I guess I will also need to use part of that time to figure out some of the wedding stuff.

Sorry for the less-than-entertaining entry...I guess not everyday can be pulitzer quality, right?

No comments: