Monday, March 24, 2008

Pink, Rested & Happy (7.5.05)

Boy do I love a long weekend. Especially one filled with friends and the beach and fireworks and parties...I had a blast over the 4th.

Friday night, best friend came into town with her 10-month-old daughter (unbelievably cute), and we put the munchkin to bed and stayed up on the back porch until the wee hours. It was therapeutic and comforting and so much fun.

Saturday morning - unlike our college and early-20's days - we got up early, put on exercise gear and strolled the baby all around downtown. I showed them our reception spot, my church and a few other notables. It was so nice...we then went to brunch at this really cute place downtown.

Mama and Baby left about 1, and I set up shop in the backyard and got some sun for a couple of hours. It was hot as blazes, and I swear I have never sweated that much in my life...but I liked it. I am a sun worshipper - I have a bit of a problem.

Saturday night, Lee and I got all dressed and ready for our friend's birthday/80's party - so much fun!! I wore an Italian Stallion (Rocky) shirt, complete with shiny yellow shorts, sweatband and wristbands, side ponytail and low-top Converse shoes. Lee wore a KISS shirt... kind of half-ass if you ask me, but so be it. ;) The party was great - we had Low Country Boil, lots of beer, fireworks...much fun.

Sunday was beach day - and I got fried!! It is mostly all brown by this point, but Sunday night was a bit of a pain. Especially the shower. After the beach, a group of us went to Uncle Bubba's to eat seafood outside on the deck, overlooking the marsh. Perfect. I loved it.

Yesterday I did NOTHING. Wonderful. The fireworks last night (which we didn't walk down to see) lasted a REALLY long time...and then the neighbors must have gotten inspired because THEIR fireworks lasted even longer (probably until about 130 or 2 am). Charlie (the dog) had 53 strokes - and therefore sleep was a bit fitful...but all is well, and I think everyone ended up sleeping well after the pyromaniacs went to bed.

This week - another short week! Yippee! Nothing planned for this weekend which is nice...so all we need to do is make it through until Friday.



Movie Recommendation: I have 2 actually... "A Love Song for Bobby Long" - amazing. Especially for those of you who (like me) are so intrigued with the self-destructive life of authors and other intellectuals. Great movie.



"This Boy's Life" - I don't know how I missed this one - came out in like 1993, I think - but so good. And based on a true story.

No comments: