Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away (6.1.05)

Rainy weather has a way of seeping into that space behind your eyes and making you long for good books and clean sheets and hours upon hours of sleep. That is what I'm fighting right now as I face a to-do list filled with billing and filing and talking to faceless, slimy reps... God help me.

Other than that small complaint, the week is looking pretty good. First of all, it\'s already Wednesday! Hallelujah for short weeks! Lee's parents are coming in tomorrow and taking us to dinner, which will be a real treat since we've been living on ramen noodles and eggs (we have no idea where our money goes...we need to hire an investigator - except we can't pay him). Friday, we all head down to Tifton - it's time for the Parents to "Meet the Parents" - eeeek! I know it will all go smoothly, but there is that tiny nagging fear that something weird will happen (a la Steve Martin in "Father of the Bride" hanging from a ledge outside the window of his soon-to-be inlaws' home). I will keep my fingers crossed, though, and take solace in the fact that neither of our dads are as curious (or as funny) as Steve Martin.

Saturday is our first actual party as the engaged couple. It's a "fiesta" thrown by my aunts and uncles at my parents' house. It seems like we're going to have a great turnout...and believe it or not, I think the weather is going to hold out! Again...fingers crossed. I told my brother that I was thinking of shooting tequila and taking my pants off. That would certainly prove entertaining and memorable.

**Note to reader: I am a sarcastic and off-the-wall girl...I would not take my pants off at a party (especially one in which my Grandma will be present), but I love shock effect...and Will Farrell.

Well, if I can make it through the morning (and the GRAND temptation to fall asleep to the rain), then I'll be home free. So, off to my media world of ring binders, invoices, excel charts and murder.

Adios! (getting in the mood for our "fiesta")

No comments: