Monday, June 2, 2008

2006...here we come! (1.3.06)

Wow, sorry it has been so long since I updated! Christmas got away from me this year - work got hectic, I realized I was way behind on gift-buying, we traveled (as usual)... Whew. Now it's back to the old grind - working, planning dinner, walking dogs, doing laundry. In a weird way, I'm almost glad things are back to normal. It gives you a feeling of stability. I am a huge dork.
Christmas was fabulous. My parents had a party at their house Friday night (12/23) - so much fun. My friends, my brother's friends and my parents friends all came over. It was cold outside, all decorated inside, yummy snacks...and enough "Christmas Spirits" to go around. I enjoy being in my small hometown over the holidays - running around and doing last-minute shopping at the tiny mall, eating lunch at our favorite hole-in-the-wall pizza joint, running into old teachers and classmates in the grocery store. There's something really homey about it all. I am a sentimental fool - I know this - but it really is something I love.
My husband, brother and I gave my parents a trip to NYC for Christmas. It was a huge surprise and something we've been working on for months. They will stay at my in-laws' 5-story walk up in Manhattan for 5 nights in March. We got them tickets to see "Wicked" on Broadway and their flights are all set. It was the absolute most fun present I've ever given - it was the least I could do after everything they did for our wedding in October. But I think they are really excited about it.
I got Lee an MP3 player that we finally figured out yesterday...hahaha... Children of the 80's. But I think he's really going to enjoy it.
New Year's Eve was a blast - we went to a black tie party in an exclusive neighborhood here in Savannah. We were both a little wary at first...we only knew 2 of the hosts, and we were afraid that we might feel out of place. Like kids at an adult party. But it ended up being so much fun - we knew more people than we expected, the food was fabulous, open bar...GREAT party! And it was fun to feel a little more adult and dress up for the occasion. ;)
Last night was a heartbreaker for all UGA fans. I stayed up WAY past my bedtime to watch the Dawgs put up a hell of a fight against West Virginia. The game was a real nailbiter - one that went from us losing 28-0 in the first quarter, to us only trailing by 3 with a few seconds left. Our Dawgs did us proud by fighting, though. Next Sugar Bowl, we'll get em.
Back to work. Hope everyone had wonderful and meaningful holidays!!! I will be better about my updates. (at least that's one of my resolutions)

No comments: