Monday, June 2, 2008

Nine times... (10.6.05)

There's something about our generation of young adults...anytime anyone says the number "9" I think that we all immediately think of Edward Rooney, sitting at his desk in the principal's office at Ferris Bueller's high school, telling Bueller's mom about Ferris' abundant absences. Anyway, that subject came to be because we are 9 days out from the wedding...and all I could think of was Matthew Broderick and that bizarre brown and black sweater vest he wore during the movie.
9 days...
Let's think of all the things that are about to change for me:
1. No more "Seward" - as much as this last name has plagued me (you would be amazed how many people can't spell or pronounce it), I love it. It represents such an amazing family and one that I am proud to be a part of. I am keeping "Seward" as a middle name, though, so I'm not losing it altogether.
2. No more "my boyfriend" or "my fiance" - I'm going to have a husband. Breathe...
3. Lee and I will share a bedroom at our parents' houses when we go to visit. Weird.
4. My family will have a son-in-law
5. My brother will have a brother for the very first time
6. I will be someone's wife
There are 3,000 more changes, but I feel I am boring the masses.
My checklist is getting smaller and smaller. At this point, most of the things left to do are getting myself ready. Manicure, pedicure, haircut, etc. etc. I still haven't bought a dress for the rehearsal dinner or the bridesmaid luncheon, but I can do that sometime in the next few days (the next few days are filling up mighty fast). I am finally getting really excited, though. This is such a process and takes so much planning, but in the end, we will have 200 people there who mean the world to us...and hopefully we will throw one heck of a party that everyone will enjoy. And we're getting MARRIED! yeeeee...

No comments: