Monday, June 2, 2008

I Love Livin' in the City (9.6.05)

Not really true, but Lee sings that song constantly, and I am in Atlanta right now, so I figured it was appropriate for a title.
Drove in last night and was expecting horrible traffic, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not so much as a tapped brake as I came into downtown...ahhh... Checked into the hotel around 745, showered, got room service, watched a little tv, read and slept. Very nice evening. Am in the office now and have yet to see my boss - he's here but busy - so I'm taking full advantage of the down time.
I am on the 17th floor of my hotel - the view is fantastic. And sometimes I do miss living in Atlanta and being right in the middle of the hustle and bustle...but Savannah is so much more my speed. And everytime I go back there from being on a trip, I remember why I love it. The Spanish moss, the lazy afternoons, the easy nights... ahhh... I would take it any day over the concrete jungles of the world.
Went to a wedding this weekend in Asheville, NC. Two friends of ours got married, and the ceremony was so unbelievably beautiful that I'm not sure there was one person there that didn't get choked up. They had the wedding outside, in a valley of sorts...the backdrop consisted of the Appalachian mountains, a small lake, and horses grazing beyond the water. The weather was about 75 degrees, blue skies with no clouds, and breezy. Both the bride and the groom have been through a lot of ups and downs - some drug problems, alcohol, family issues - more than most 30 year olds - but on Saturday, both families were accounted for, everyone was calm and happy, and the day was perfect. Just one of those love stories that inspires you. We had an absolute blast.
Well, I better earn my keep...talk soon. Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day.

No comments: