Monday, June 2, 2008

I frighten young children. (11.3.05)

We got our wedding video back. Man, what a double-edged sword! I love having it because it's so hard to remember that blur of a day, and it's so much fun to see the people you didn't get to talk to, and great to have it captured in this little dvd - all the sounds, the colors, the sights, the music. But good Lord, why has no one ever told me that I literally have the face of a cartoon character?? I make expressions that would scare crows away. When I am surprised, people in South Dakota probably know it.

I mean, I've always known that I have big features, and in pictures, I see that. But to WATCH myself talking and dancing and laughing in "real time" - holy nightmare. How have I ever gotten a date? Why do babies not automatically start bawling when I get close? Is Lee blind?

Anyway, I have finally just come to the realization that all my friends and family are actually now accustomed to having a cartoon character around, so they barely notice anymore. Thank goodness.

I would put a little Quicktime video up here but I wouldn't want those of you who AREN'T familiar with elastic-face me to run from your screens, screaming in terror.

Other than this little discovery, life is good. I am loving married life - I had no idea that it would be different...but it is! And in such a good way! We are now more of a team than ever...and that's fun. And thank God Lee actually LIKES cartoons because if I was that crazy-looking in my wedding dress, imagine me in the morning!

No comments: