Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Well, good... (2.24.06)

I have been saying that a lot lately - mostly in a sarcastic tone. It makes me laugh. For example..."Molly, you're 10 days late on your car payment..." Molly: "Well, good...." hahahahah
So, I am leaving work in an hour and a half. Swinging by home, picking up Charlie and our luggage, picking up Lee at work, and heading off to Atlanta. I didn't ask for the time off - but my boss is in Tampa for the next week, and no one seems to need me in a huge way today...don't think it will be a big deal. Of course, I say that and some huge emergency will come up and everyone will be running around screaming, "Where the Hell is Molly??!?!!?!" Oh well, knock on wood. I have certainly put in enough overtime (unpaid, mind you) that I deserve a few hours off to avoid traffic. So there. :P
I am a little sad for one of my coworkers today... She's really young (barely 23) and is working in an administrative role with our company for now. Very bright - graduated from UGA and picks up on things so quickly - but that's just how advertising works. Have to pay your dues. Anyway, her boyfriend is in school, working to get into dental school, and she is here answering phones and feeling unfulfilled in her job...the boyfriend is constantly studying, and they're both living with their parents right now, and they're just frustrated. I can really understand it. And for some reason, at that age, it is really hard to see the big picture. It just feels like you're in a rut that you'll never get out of. She broke down in here a few minutes ago, and I just had to let her cry because honestly there wasn't anything I could say to make it better. I told her that it will eventually be fine...he will be out of school, she will move up in the company, they will have time together...but right now, she's just sad. And that makes me sad. But happy that she (and others) feel they can come to me about stuff. I hope I helped - even just by listening.
Watched a really bizarre/funny/interesting movie last night - "Pretty Persuasion." It reminds me of a cross between "Heathers," "Jawbreaker" and maybe "The Virgin Suicides" and "Election." Crazy movie - Evan Rachel Wood, James Woods, Ron Livingston, Selma Blair - lots of great actors. It's about a bunch of soulless, wealthy, fame-obsessed people - but so good. I recommend.
Ok, it has taken me forever to write this - many interruptions. Have a wonderful weekend!! We will be moshing and celebrating Loco's grand opening with the select few in Tifton. haha... :)

No comments: