Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Goetz's Caramel Creams are the Best Candy Ever (3.1.06)

Just thought you should know.
Today has gone surprisingly well for a Tuesday - I got tons accomplished, the weather is gorgeous outside, I like what I'm wearing, and things generally seem to be going my way. That's a nice feeling. Yesterday I was so sluggish - couldn't get motivated to do anything at work, and then so tired when I got home that I was a zombie. Drank a glass of wine, made supper with my husband, watched Wife Swap and The Bachelor (I am torn about the outcome) and we went to bed. I had not even an iota of energy to do anything else. Today is a different story...yeeeeehaw.
Mardi Gras - Big Fat Tuesday...that's today, my friends. Which means tomorrow begins Lent. I am Methodist and have never given anything up for Lent before, but this year I am. I think I am going to either give up fried foods or chocolate. Either will be pretty tough for me, but I want to prove to myself that I can do it. Wish me luck...may just flip a coin. Both would be a big sacrifice...and I'm not big on self-control. haha
Happy Hour tomorrow - for the Young Professionals of Savannah. Sounds dorky but it's really a lot of fun - you don't feel like you're chasing the heels of the early-twenties crowd...more people our age in the same boat. I really enjoy them. We have SO much to do before we close next week that I shouldn't even be thinking about Happy Hours...should be thinking about packing...but I am going to allow myself this one little bitty night out. ;)
This is a complete stream of conciousness entry - forgive. I am going to work on my time sheets, play on myspace a little (so addicted - wah!) and go home to my sweet husband. May even have fried food AND chocolate tonight...it's my last chance!

No comments: