Monday, June 2, 2008

Tis the season! (12.6.05)

We are having a Christmas party at our house this Friday. It's the first time I have ever hosted my own Christmas party...and it's more pressure than I thought it would be!! Probably because I adore the holiday season and want it to be "just right" - perfectly decorated, great Christmas music, yummy food, people laughing and having fun. At this point, we have a half-clean house, no idea of a menu, no Christmas tree, and very little funds. Oh well...I'm sure we will pull it off in one way or another!
Lee and I are actually getting our tree tonight - we wanted to clean the downstairs before we got it...and that was quite a task! I'm excited, though...I love to have a decorated house. When I was little, the very first thing I would do when I woke up on a December morning was turn on the Christmas tree - that is, if my Daddy hadn't done it already. He's a sucker for the holidays too.
If anyone has any suggestions on easy, cheap, yummy hors d'oerves, send them my way!! I intend on making this party a success...even if it kills me. That's the Christmas spirit, eh?? haha
I hope everyone is havng a wonderful December so far - I just love this time of year soooo much.

No comments: