Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life is good (2.20.06)

I think I have written posts with that title before, but if anything is worth repeating, it's that phrase. Life IS good. Sometimes it makes the world a better place to sit back and think of everything in your life that's going in the right direction. It's so easy to let the bad stuff take over...but taking even just 5 minutes to count the "pros" can make you feel downright silly for mulling over the crap.
I had a great weekend. Friday night, Lee and I did nothing - had a few beers, played Trivial Pursuit, ordered pizza and just talked. And it was so much fun. Saturday I hit the road for Atlanta - Melissa's birthday celebration. Got up there around 430, sat with her for awhile in her midtown loft, Beth arrived. Of course when Beth arrived, she immediately broke out the wine (I love her) and we all started getting festive. Shortly thereafter, Melissa's parents (who I've known almost my whole life), sister (whom I cheered with in high school) and brother-in-law got there. It was all hugs and laughter. Something about "home" folks, you know? Melissa's friend, Heather and her boyfriend, Rob, got there and we all headed out to dinner.
It was CHILLY in Atlanta, but we were all bundled up with our wine in our "travelers" (which is not legal in Atlanta - na na na boo boo...it is here), and we walked to the little Italian restaurant down the street. Baraonda is so charming - small, filled with good smells and laughter, great food. We all sat down, ordered drinks, and toasted Melissa. After a big, long, yummy meal (and several bottles of wine), Melissa's dad picked up the tab (so sweet) and we were on our way. M, B, myself, Heather and Rob headed out to "the club" - a place called Vision on Peachtree. This is just the kind of place 50 Cent is talking about when he sings "in da club..." But what an experience! Rob got us in for free and even got us VIP passes - so much fun. The place was HUGE and glitzy and cheesy and awesome. We had a blast.
We ended the night at this little joint called McCray's which shares a parking lot with Melissa's condo building. It was late, we were tired, tipsy and happy...and it was time to call it a night.
Went to lunch yesterday with Beth's baby, Andie (who is so adorable...I want to eat her). All in all, just a wonderful trip with good, old friends.
I got home and Lee had made beef stew and had written me a poem. I am a lucky girl. :)
Happy Monday - don't forget to count your blessings.

No comments: