Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Being a grown up... (2.1.06)

is not all it's cracked up to be. We have decided to sell our house and move to the 'burbs - something I said I would never do. It's such a strange feeling to know what you need to do and to feel yourself wanting to do what's best for your "family" and not just yourself. I guess being single so long made me a bit (eh-ehm) selfish/independent. But, here we are, talking family and future and knowing we need to get out of downtown Savannah.
For that reason, I am going to list all my favorite things about Downtown Savannah - I have been living within a 1.5 square mile area for almost 6 years, so I've accumulated quite a few (bear with me):
1. Spanish Moss - so gorgeous and just everywhere (tourists play with it and get chiggers - heh heh)
2. Pinkie Masters - the best dive bar ever - I have lived 5 minutes from this place for so long...they even gave us a wedding gift
3. Forsyth Park - huge, smack dab in the middle of downtown, historic, perfect running path, WONDERFUL concerts and plays (where you can pack wine and food and have picnics...so much fun)
4. My Short Commute - I will go from a 2 minute commute to a 15-minute commute - not terrible, but I will miss the extra sleep (you and I both know that every minute counts)
5. Soho - the best lunch restaurant EVER - they have the most amazing tomato basil bisque I have ever tasted
6. Six Pence - where I met my husband... :)
7. Our church - this is the church I belong to and where we got married - it's beautiful and is so special to me...will be a bit of a drive, but we'll keep coming in for the services
8. Spur of the moment plans - it's so easy for us to pick up and go to restaurants/bars to meet friends right now...everything is within walking distance almost! So that will change
9. Squares - the Savannah squares...green and well-manicured and romantic
10. Crazy homeless people - that's kind of what we're getting away from - but they're so hilarious...will miss the characters
11. Sweet Leaf - best bbq restaurant in the WORLD
12. Mercury Lounge - love the bartenders and the ambience
13. Vinnie's Pizza - some of the best pizza you will ever put into your mouth - and located right in City Market...great joint
14. Beach Access - right now, we're only a short drive...we'll double that by moving out, and I am a BEACH GIRL in a serious way
15. Church Bells - you hear them all day every day...they have become part of my Savannah soundtrack - I will certainly miss those
That's all for now - making me too sad. Wish us luck - we're in Counter Offer Hell right now.

No comments: