Monday, June 2, 2008

I love L.A. (11.21.05)

Being a self-proclaimed Georgia girl...completely in love with the South and its people, terrain and personality, it's hard for me to believe how much I love Southern California. This weekend was my second time out there, and I am just head over heels for that part of the country.

We stayed in Santa Monica with a view of the Pacific Ocean from our hotel room... Thursday night, after arriving at LAX and getting safely to the hotel, we set off to meet our friends at the Viceroy. It was walking distance from where we were staying, so we strolled on down. It was so much fun - a reunion of sorts for Lee and his buddies...we saw most of them our wedding weekend, but this was the first time we could all relax and really hang out. And boy did we make the most of it. The bar was really swanky...complete with a crystal clear pool and cabanas all around (you can rent the cabanas for the bargain price of $4k per night...NOT including alcohol). We even rubbed elbows with A-lister, Owen Wilson. And when I say "rub elbows" - I literally mean, he brushed past me...didn't speak...but did brush past. haha...

The next day we walked to breakfast at a little cafe and ate with my inlaws. Gorgeous weather, good food, great company. Lee and I ventured down to the Santa Monica Pier...played the tourist role and rode the ferris wheel (which was amazing), then shopped until time for the rehearsal.

Rehearsal Dinner took place at a small private club right on the ocean...it was intimate and comfortable and the food was great. The bride and groom didn't stop smiling all weekend - I swear. Saturday we had yet another yummy breakfast, followed by some college football down at the Promenade...then the wedding. Ceremony was perfect - even had a bagpipe! - and the reception (held at the Beach Club on Pacific Coast Highway) was one of the nicest parties I've ever been to. Sushi and goat cheese appetizers, champagne being passed around, full open bar, toe-tapping band, seated dinner...and all right on the Pacific Ocean.

I know, I know...it sounds made up. But it really was a perfect wedding weekend - and thank goodness...it WASN'T ours which meant we got to enjoy it even more!!

Thanks, Thomas & Lisa...good luck and congratulations. :)

No comments: