Monday, June 2, 2008

My aching neck (1.6.06)

This week has been a rough one. Work is absolutely insane right now - we're working long hours under really hardcore deadlines, and everyone's nerves are SHOT. Makes for a high-stress environment. I actually had a dream the other night that one of our Vice Presidents tagged along on my family's beach trip. And tried to make me work. I told her the story in hopes she would realize what she's been doing to us, but that was to no avail. Still cracking the whip.
I'm glad it's Friday, but there are rumblings about us working this weekend. And the worst kind of working - being "on call." It's one thing if you know you have to work on a Saturday and you plan to come in...a whole other thing if you're home, relaxing, getting into a cheesy Lifetime movie and some yummy junk food, when you get the dreaded call. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be an important part of the process over the next couple of days. Sound ambitious, don't I?
I did make a little headway on my resolutions this week - completely cleaned and organized my office. It is like an entirely different world in here...I can actually FIND things and work efficiently!! What a great feeling! Totally changes my attitude about being here. I plan on doing the same thing at home this weekend...am in dire need of a closet-clean-out. I have things in there that I bought in college...and if you do the math, that was a LONG time ago. Clutter is my enemy in '06.
Watched "The Office" last night. Hilarious hilarious hilarious. I absolutely love that show. In fact, for Christmas, I bought my brother the dvd's of the British (original) version...which is even more uncomfortable to watch and even funnier. Check it out if you get a chance.
Ok, have a wonderful weekend..

No comments: