Monday, June 2, 2008

Working Woman Blues (11.14.05)

Back from a fantastic weekend of football, friends, family and laughing until I cried... back to work. Blugh!! Today is one of those days where I sit and wonder how I am going to be able to continue working for the rest of my days (or until I am old enough to retire). I worked hard this morning and right after lunch...but since about 330, I have almost literally been in pain...just wanting the day to end. I am that kind of "busy" where I know what I need to be doing, but no one is really depending on any of it...so I find myself being lazy and not getting very much done. That's awful...but I just have no motivation on this stinking Monday!!

The Bulldogs did lose the game...it's true. By one point...in the final 8 seconds of the game. But it was a great game to watch, a long and fun day of tailgating, and we had an absolute blast regardless of the score. My best friend's baby might be the cutest creature to ever walk the earth - and she's at that precious toddling stage...dancing a little and laughing at faces we make. So cute. And it was wonderful seeing friends and hanging out in a relaxed setting (NOT our wedding)... I'm so glad we made the trip.

We are leaving this Thursday for L.A. My better half is in a wedding in Santa Monica - should be a great time. I absolutely love California...which I didn't think would be the case until I went to L.A. last January...but I love it out there. The weather, the hills, the shopping. Heaven.

So a short week awaits - maybe I can light a fire under my own rear end tomorrow morning so that I can get some things accomplished before we leave. BECAUSE THEN NEXT WEEK IS THANKSGIVING - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I am a holiday addict. Period.

Happy Monday...

No comments: